Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is the first official day of spring break, and in my opinion the most beautiful day of the year thus far. I am really grateful that Dan needed my car and my phone today because I had the best afternoon just exploring the neighborhood on foot by myself. I took a nice stroll down to Hawthorn and went in and out of the vintage stores, had a leisurely lunch at Cup and Saucer and ate an avocado sandwich in honor of St Patrick's day:)
I had such a good time enjoying people watching and seeing all the blooming flowers and trees but I have to say that my favorite part of the afternoon was on my way home I passed an old restored Victorian house and in the front yard there was a cute old man (probably in his late 70s) sitting in reclining lawn chair eating a HUGE ice cream sandwich... he looked like the happiest person on the planet. It made me REALLY happy.

I walked until my sandals (which have been in hibernation since last summer) gave me pretty legit blisters on the bottoms of my feet. I'm happy to be home again with the TV off every window in the apartment wide open and a warm cat on my feet, life is so good. I'm excited for the next few days... to play in the sun with the boyfriend and do some DIY stuff around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment